Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog #0

   I think I was in Elementary school when I first learned how to use Microsoft Word. Since then, I have used Microsoft word the most out of all the windows office programs available. Other than that, I taught myself most of what I know and can do. We had computers available to us in high school and I did a lot of communication with teachers via technology such as Edmodo and online classes.
   In this class, I hope to learn valuable information to be able to navigate and use my resources in technology better. I hope to not only be able to understand more but be able to teach it too. I hope to be able to apply what I learn from this class for future use. Especially if I do decide to become an Elementary Education teacher, it will become very useful and practical.
    From the results, I learned that I am a reflective learner which I totally agree with. I would rather work alone and during class I always need to think things through before I can really comprehend the concept being taught. I am also a sensing learner which also makes a lot of sense because I am very particular when it comes to my work and I like having things laid out for me step by step. I like using and learning a well established method to solve a problem. I also got that I am a visual leaner which seems to be me because I always like lessons or books that incorporate pictures/graphs. I remember things in details by capturing an image in my mind whether it is learning something or visiting a new place. I agree that I am a sequential learner because when I have had teachers that always would jump around, especially in history class with time periods, I would have a hard time following. I like learning things in sequential order because that is how I comprehend things the best, especially when it comes to math. I think this quiz accurately described my learning style. When I read about each category I received, it verified what I have previously thought about how I learn.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Vanessa! Your learning style questionnaire response was very insightful and I'm glad that it aligned with who you are as a learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about using Microsoft so often definitely shows the importance of learning about technology at an early age!

    ReplyDelete