Monday, March 14, 2016

Post #7


You can use PowerPoint at each students level of Bloom’s Taxonomy. First, there is creating which is when you gather information to create a new PowerPoint. Then there is evaluate. You can use PowerPoint to evaluate if a student’s understands the material or the student could evaluate something. You can analyze on PowerPoint by organizing your thoughts and using graphs to compare and contrast. Applying includes adding graphs to your PowerPoint. Lastly, understanding includes including summaries while discussing and paraphrasing information on your PowerPoint.

Some adaptive technologies include hearing aids, screen readers, braille, desktop video magnifiers, memory aids, and screen magnifiers. They help a student learn better in the classroom who has a physical disability. I have not used or known anyone who has used these technologies. The challenges I see with using these technologies in the classroom is trying to balance helping a student with a specific device while having to attend to the other students. It may be hard. Also if a device goes wrong or messes up that student may have a hard time catching up.

While working on the Web Page Design I learned how to make a web page and pages within the main page. I was also able to hyperlink important websites for parents and students to go to. I liked that we could make it look anyone we wanted to. I really enjoyed making a web page! I felt all official. But the website did keep acting up just like any online program does, so I did not like that. Next time I could include more information about class procedures for the parents to be more informed. In my future career, I now know some important themes and items to include on my class website.

http://emevcrew.weebly.com/


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you when you said you really enjoyed making this web page! I thought it was a pretty fun assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also felt very official while making my website! I used a similar theme on mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that there will be challenges when having students who need to use adaptive technologies in the classroom because it might affect the balance of pace among the students. This is why teachers need to think creatively when it comes to implementing technology in the classroom in an efficient and beneficial way.

    ReplyDelete