Monday, February 29, 2016

Post #6



I decided to look up a class website from my Elementary school. This is a 5th grade class at Timberlin Creek Elementary.  On the site it includes homework expectations along with upcoming due dates and the student's vocabulary schedule. There are a lot of links available for students and parents to hit on the side bar. This includes the class calendar along with helpful sites for individual subjects such as language arts and math.


I think I will be able to use technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities because I can effectively create a website for my students that will be easy to navigate. I will have the chance to make my website mine since most things in the classroom are not always up to you. I will be able to create and use technology to implement a successful website that includes creativity, contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.




While working on the web evaluation wiki, I was able to better understand how to evaluate a website to see if it is credible. Some websites should not be used in a classroom because they do not contain the right information or not enough. I liked that we got to work in groups but I thought using Wiki was a little complicated. Maybe if I got more time using it, it might not be as bad. But I thought it was too confusing and not the most accessible website to use. So in the future I can improve on my formatting and getting to know my website more before I just jump into an assignment. In the future I can use these skills from this assignment to be able to pick the best and most efficient website for my students to use in the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment