Monday, February 22, 2016

Blog #5


Web 2.0 includes social media, blogs twitter, and YouTube which are all helpful and useful for classroom use. These help you collaborate with others which supports professional teacher development. Like the podcast said, blogs for the classroom are more of a passive approach which may not be the most useful for the purpose of individual student involvement. Any computer/laptop includes web 2.0 features and tools.
A web 2.0 tool that I might use when teaching would be Edmodo. Edmodo allows classes to connect and collaborate. It is not as publicly available as twitter, so it is pretty secure. I think you have to be part of a school to even get a code to register.
With Edmodo, you can virtually have a class online. You can post your notes, discussions, PowerPoints all on there. It’s a really nice tool to be able to have and utilize in the classroom. https://www.edmodo.com/
With the concept mapping assignment, I learned how to create study guides and organize ideas by grouping them. I liked how you were able to customize it to your own liking but the website would mess up sometimes and it was a bit confusing at times. I had to redo my bubbles multiple times. Next time I will try to customize it more but this time around I was just trying to get use to the program. In my future career, I can use these tools to make concept maps for my students as study guides or just as a guiding tool. It will be a helpful tool for any subject in my classroom. A concept map can be applied to anything really.


1 comment:

  1. I also agree that the concept map program was a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete