Monday, February 8, 2016

Blog #3


I can teach how to evaluate and integrate multimedia. I also think I would be able to teach how to use sources and teach how adding videos and pictures can get your message across better. I would need to get more preparation on multimedia in social studies/history though. I also could work on the standard involving "text structure", RI.5.

With my class, I will want to use Microsoft Word. Word has so much to offer and it is convenient for multiple reasons. For the elementary level, I feel as if it is the easiest to understand under Microsoft Office programs. Kids these days are getting into social media younger and younger. So the digital citizenship topic I should address is how to be safe online. They need to learn at an early age to be careful about what they post because it could be there for a very long time, possibly their whole lives. These kids are most likely 6-10 and they need to know now so they do not make mistakes when they get to their teenage years.

From the newsletter design assignment, I was able to learn how to properly format a newsletter for a classroom. I used features I had never used in Word before. It showed me that Word has so many elements other than the features just for typing essays. I liked that we could make it however we liked, with whatever border and colors. But, I did struggle with the formatting when I first started the assignment. Next time I will plan it out before I jump right into it. In the future, I can use these skills to make my actual class newsletters to send out to parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment